Tonight I wanted fish and Jonathan wanted burgers – so fish burgers it was! We grabbed some lemon artichoke pesto sauce we bought at Costco (OMG it is UNBELIEVABLE), threw it into a food processor with some steelhead trout (it was cheaper than salmon, so we grabbed it) and fried it up. They were super yummy and took next to no time to make! I guess I cheated since I didn’t make the pesto myself – feel free to make your own pesto or buy a different kind. Or really, you can add whatever you like to the fish – dijon mustard and capers; hot sauce and a little almond flour; onions and garlic – anything goes!
We served this with a side of our favorite what do we do with left over spinach, sausage, and leeks dish. We simply switched out the bacon for left over Italian sausage.
Steelhead Trout Lemon Artichoke Pesto Burgers
By April 19, 2012Published:
Crazy quick recipe that is sure to please any fishburglar!
- Cut fish into food processor/blender friendly chunks.
- Bland fish until you reach a chunky paste like consistency.
- Add sauce or ingredients of choice and blend with the fish for a second or two. We went with a pre-made pesto we picked up from Costco, but you can do whatever you find pleasing to your pallet at the moment.
If you want to add solid ingredients like papers or onion I would recommend chopping them fine or blending them separately before mixing them into the fish paste.
- Form the fish mixture into hamburger sized patties.
- Pan fry the patties until thoroughly cooked.
- Enjoy your crazy fast dinner!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress