It was a “throw stuff together and see what happens” type of day in the kitchen and these delicious Mediterranean fusion bellas came out! I’ll be honesty, I’m estimating the quantities of things from memory for this recipe, so feel free to tweak the amounts as you see fit. This came out so well, our non-paleo friend who was staying with us said it’s one of the best meals he’s had!
Greektalian Pesto Lamb Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
By March 23, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Mushrooms (4 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Giant portabella mushrooms stuffed with pesto ground lamb and goat cheese.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (we bought ours)
- sea sal to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
- 4 portabella mushrooms giant
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Mix together the lamb, parsley, leek, garlic, pesto sauce, salt and pepper.
- Gently twist the stems off the mushrooms and rub some olive oil onto the caps. Mushrooms LOVE oil, so they'll absorb it almost immediately. For each cap, I pour about a nickel sized amount of oil into my palm and rub it on.
- Once done with the fungal spa treatment, place caps onto a backing sheet with the used-to-be-stem side up. Sprinkle a layer of goat cheese into the caps and set aside.
- Throw a tablespoon of oil into a pan over medium-high heat. Toss in the lamb mix and cook the meat until nice and brown.
- Fill the cheesy mushrooms with your lamb mix and pop into the oven for 20 minutes, checking to make sure the mushrooms don't burn.
If you're feeling brave, try adding some balsamic vinegar to your mushroom rub and get back to us on how that was!
- Enjoy your delicious Greektalian mushrooms! Recommended with a small glass of red wine and a side of grilled asparagus.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress