Sautéed Baby Spinach & Leak with Bacon
By February 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: Pan-full (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Baby spinach, leeks, bacon and goat cheese make for a delightful side dish!
- 2-3 slices bacon chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- goat cheese to liking
- cracked pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into smaller pieces and slice the leeks so they make rings.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and throw in the bacon. Fry the bacon until it is whatever level of crispiness you like it. Remove the bacon onto a paper towel and pour out about half of the grease. We like to save ours to use later, like in gumbo.
- Reduce the heat to medium and throw the leeks in. Sauté the leeks until they stop being rigid Os.
- Add in the spinach, a bit at a time. The spinach shrinks considerably in the pan, so we throw in as much spinach as the skillet can reasonably handle at a time. Mix everything together.
- After all the spinach is added, sprinkle on some goat cheese and mix it in, letting it melt into the leek and spinach goodness.
- Turn off the heat, mix in the bacon and enjoy!
NOTE: You can omit the bacon entirely and just saute the spinach and leek on a little bit of butter or oil.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress