Quicky Salmon & Cream Cheese Eggs in a Mug
By February 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 mug (1 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 2 mins
- Ready In: 7 mins
I buy my salmon at Costco, so I usually cook the giant hunk of fish all at once. This leaves me with a ton of leftovers - and one of my favorite things to do it to throw the leftover salmon into scrambled eggs with some cream cheese!
- 3-4 oz salmon cooked
- 1-2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- splash milk optional
- pinch cracked pepper to taste
- pinch sea salt to taste
- Crack the eggs into your mug, add a splash of milk (optional), a bit of salt and pepper, and whisk them up until they're somewhat homogenous. Forks work just as well as whisks here! Estimate how much salt/pepper to add based on how spiced your salmon is. We used chipotle salmon leftovers, so I only put in a pinch.
- Put the mug with eggs in the microwave for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
- In the mean time, use your fork to smush/cut the salmon until it looks nice and shredded. Once sufficiently smushed, mash the cream cheese into the salmon and mix it all together.
- Take the eggs out of the microwave and stir them up with the fork. Some parts will be solid and some will still be liquid. Add your salmon-cream-cheese mix and stir it all together.
- Put the mug back in the microwave for another minute.
- Remove mug from microwave, stir your delicious breakfast around until it's a nice even scrambled eggs mix and enjoy!
NOTE: Microwaves vary in how they cook things, so you might need to add more time to step 5.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress